- Back to Home »
- ODI 12c Upgrade Process
Posted by : Arjun Lagisetty Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Step 1 – ODI Studio Install
Step 2 – Installing 12c Patches
2) Install JDK/Weblogic/DB and ODI 12c in Machine2
3) Configure the ODI12c configuration in Machine2
4) once the above steps completion, please stop all services like managed servers/nodemanager and Adminserver in Machine 2
5) export the ODI 11g repository into machine2 (.dmp file)
6) run the below select query and check whether you able to see the ODI 11g schema in the list
8) now you apply the patch from command prompt
9) once you patch applied successfully, then you ran same select query (from point 6) and see the output
if the version has changed from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168, then you ran the ua.bat file
in the middle of the upgradation, when it is asking to select the ODi schema that time you have to choose ODI 11g repository schema
and proceed with further steps to complete the upgradation.
10) once it is done, goto ODI_HOME\odi\studio location and run odi.exe to open the ODI 12c studio
11) it is open you just configure the ODI 11g repository schema where it is upgrated to 22.214.171.124 and conne to the repository and verify the code in ODI 12c
1) You can upgrade ODI 11g version (126.96.36.199.0 and 188.8.131.52) to ODI 12c and you can't upgrade from ODI 11g 184.108.40.206.0 to ODi 12c.
2) You can easily upgrade code from ODI 11g 220.127.116.11.0 to ODI 18.104.22.168.0 and for this no need to apply any patch.
3) You can upgrade ODi 11g 22.214.171.124.0 to higher version of ODI11g without applying any patch.
File needed: ofm_odi_generic_126.96.36.199.0_disk1_1of1.zip
Information needed: Location of the installed Java JDK.
Oracle Home location if you have one.
Note: There should be Java JDK of version JDK 1.7 need to be present.
Copy file from the share drive to a local directory and unzip. There will be a jar file called odi_121200.jar. Open a Command window as administrator and navigate to the directory the jar file is in. To start the installer, enter the following command in the command window and press enter:
The window should display some preparatory information and then the installer screen should display. Click <Next> if you’re at the welcome screen to go to the Install Location screen. Here, enter or browse to your oracle home directory if you have one. If you don’t have one, enter a new directory for home and click <Next>.
At the Installation Type screen check the Enterprise Installation radio button to Include ODI Studio in the install. Click <Next>.
On the next screen click <Next>.
After the install is done, click <Next>.
File needed: odi_1212_opatch.zip
Information needed: Oracle Home location you used in the previous step.
Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the oracle home directory. If there is an OPatchsubdirectory delete it( Instead Deleting take backup and rename and put new opatch in sub directory). Extract the zip file p6880880_131000_Generic.zip to the Oracle Home directory.
Open a command window as administrator and navigate to the new OPatch directory you just extracted. Once you are in that directory, run the following command to confirm the opatchsetup:
You should see output similar to the following:
Create a directory call PATCH_TOPoff the root directory for storing the unzipped patches. Unzip the file odi_1212_opatch.zip to that directory. In the command window, cd to the PATCH_TOP directory and run the following command substituting your Oracle Home directory. You could also optionally add the OPatch directory to the PATH variable:
<Oracle Home>\opatchnapply odi_1212_opatch
Answer y to the prompt and press <Enter>.
Answer y to the next prompt and press <Enter>. The patch installs will commence.
The error indicated in the above is the only one you get then the patches were applied successfully.
Note ODI Patch install steps ( same as above process but little detail steps):
1) when you download odi we get odi_1212_opatch.zip file this is file where we need to apply patch.
2) go to oracle home path C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home and take backup of Opatch and inventory folders
note: download latest opatch software from oracle support and take original opatch as backup and new one paste in oracle_home.
3) change environmental variables:
a) if there is no oracle_home path create it(C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home).
b) if there is no odi_home path create it(C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home).
c) put opatch path in existing path location in environmental variables(C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home/opatch).
4) create "Patch_top" folder in c drive
5) put "odi_1212_opatch.zip" file in "patch_top" folder and extract the file in patch_top location.
7) open cmd in admin mode
7a) Validate the OUI inventory with the following commands: ( go to C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home/opatch and type "opatch lsinventory"
8) give (cd c:\patch_top and enter)
9) next give opatch napply odi_1212_opatch command and enter( you can see in readme file).
Before upgrade we need to do this vvvvvvvimp:
when we are trying to upgrade. before upgrade we need to create clone copy of original master and work repo and then:
1) we need to go to original master repo in odi studio and there edit user name and password by giving
cloned user name and password in master repo in topology and connect to cloned work and test by entering into repos.
2) just create new master and work repo( from master repo creation wizard) in odi studio with clone_master and clone_work names. in db create 2 empty schemas with clone_master and clone_work names and then export master and work repo from original master and work repo from odi studio and import into newly created clone_master and clone_work in odi studio and perform upgrade on this copies.
note: never just create clone copy and directly create connection by pressing + sign in master repo and work repo. We need to create master and work repo( from master repo creation wizard) then connect to them and then upgrade.
Note: we can upgrade from 188.8.131.52 to above to odi 12c but below 184.108.40.206 we cannot upgrade to 12c we need to apply patch to upgrade to 220.127.116.11 and then we can upgrade.(eg: 18.104.22.168 we cannot upgrade directly to odi 12c we need to apply patch in order to upgrade to 22.214.171.124 then we can upgrade to odi 12c).
After applying this patch just go to C:\oracle\middleware\oracle_home\oracle_common\upgrade\bin and open cmd in admin mode and navigate to above path and just type ua and press enter a screen appear then after everything straight forward.
Note: for details upgrade steps go to DWteam( http://dwteam.in/upgrading-odi-11-1-1-7-repository-to-12c/) link and just follow steps over there
1) Export ODI 11g repository schema from machine1 and place the .dmp file into machine2.
select * from SCHEMA_VERSION_REGISTRY;
7) once you saw the ODI 11g schema in select query output (eg: in version column: 126.96.36.199)
8) You should be apply the patch after you import the ODI 11g schema not before that.
Hope you followed the same steps to upgrade ODI code from ODI 11g to ODI 12c
Hope this information will helps you to fix your issue.
For Standalone Agent Installation:
First to open RCU we need to change environmental variable path of oracle_home to C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home/oracle_common then after
Type cd C:oracle/middleware/oracle-home/oracle_common/bin and press enter and then type RCU and press enter then RCU screen appears and then after everything is straight forward.